Sunday, June 6, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY Topiaries

Yes, this blog post is coming a little late, but better late than never. I decided that for Mother's Day, I would take as many orders for these cupcake topiaries as possible, and I ended up with 18 orders. I charged $20 a piece for them and should have charged twice that much with how much everything ended up costing. Also, this was a HUGE mistake on my part to try to take on a task this big with never having attempted one of these before. This took up an entire week of my life, staying up most nights until well after 1am....but, After a few mistakes and "trial run" looking orders, I had some REALLY cute looking topiarys, and I am glad that I will have several "examples" for a website that I hope to build at the beginning of next year. I plan to make a Cupcakes 4.0 website with options for cupcake bouquets, cupcake kabobs (coming shortly), themed cupcakes and cakes, and gourmet cupcakes and cakes (where Ill specialize in flavor and design less than a "theme".)  I also plan to open a booth at the Valley Junction farmers market every Thursday night next year and sell "cupcakes in a jar, adorned with bows and lid stickers, in different themes, ect, as well as cupcake kabobs. To "beat the heat". I will have to buy big shallow tubs for ice to display the jars in, and havent quite figured out how I'll do the cupcake kabobs, but Ive got a whole year to figure it out, right?

Now, for the pictures!!

Bumble-bees!

Full view

Square-topiary. I love the color scheme, but am not a big fan of the "square" look.

Wrapped version. This kept the cupcakes VERY moist. Its just a "large treat bag", cut to fit, and then I tied them up with matching ribbons from the pot.

This was one of 2 of the large foam balls. Ill be going with the smaller ones next time as these make the pot too top-heavy. Ill also need to find something to weight down the pots more, as some had "tipping" problems.

butterflies!

bumble-bees and daffodils

Full view


Garden-theme

Garden-theme 2


My favorite one. too top heavy wiht going all the way around.


wrapped-up

1 comment: