Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kevin's Birthday

So for Kevin's birthday, I wanted to do a really special cake. Since I got him a motorcycle helmet as his gift, I thought it fitting to make a motorcycle helmet cake. I looked EVERYWHERE for a motorcycle helmet cake mold and found absolutely nothing. I wanted to make the cake 3d rather than 2d because, well, thats boring...SO....after about 4 anxiety attacks and a lot of lost sleep, I came up with this:


I 100% without a doubt proved to myself that I am NOT cake boss...there's a reason I dont do cake sculpting...because it turns out looking sloppy. this was my absolute best attempt, and even the fondant work wouldnt lay 100% how I wanted it to because its all about the sculpting. It turned out good enough to do the trick though, and Kevin was SUPER happy and thought it looked really impressive. Since he was who the cake was for, thats all the matters.

Now.....back to something I CAN do....cupcakes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment