Sunday, June 6, 2010

Boxed Goods

I'd really like to find some online sources to find some bulk cupcake boxes. I have been buying some big cake boxes to hold orders of 24.00 cupcakes, however, I cant find ANY with the pre-cut cupcake inserts to hold your cupcakes securlely. This has made transport tricky and I would HATE for one of my orderers to ruin their order taking it home. However, it's been fun to get these plain white boxes is decorate them with cupcake and bakery themed stickers and cloth ribbons!


This is a vanilla flavored layer cake (9 inch teir) with Martha Stewart's Rum-Vanilla Bean Buttercream.
I must admit, ever since I made this cake, Ive been OBSESSED with vanilla bean. I would not use this recipe again, as I didnt get it down quite right and the rum flavor overtook everything else. I did, however, find a vanilla bean buttercream recipe for cupcakes that doesnt seem as complicated. It doest have so much powdered sugar in it and hopefully wont harden as much.

Ive also bought a few pre-patterened cupcake boxes for smaller orders; the only problem is that I havent really had any smaller orders and it wouldnt really be cost effective for me to make orders in such small quantities. Theyve been cute to dress up a bit and put small cupcake gifts to family in though. (see below)


No comments:

Post a Comment