Friday, October 8, 2010

Pumpkin cupcakes

Do you ever have those life-altering moments when you go from hating something to absolutely loving it??

Like, you've hated peas your whole life, and one day, you wake up and cant get enough. Well, my friends, pumpkins are my peas. I am not a fan of pumpkin pie, pumpkin scents, pumpkin ANYTHING.

And yet, one day, on a whim, I decided to try some pumpkin cupcakes. They turned out SO dense and moist, I will NEVER use another recipe. Its weird and dumb luck that I've found the perfect recipe on the first try and that now, all of a sudden, I have pumpkin fever. In the months since I've made these, I've got pumpkin flavored febreeze, candles, body wash, cant go more than a week without Panera's pumpkin spice latte of Culver's pumpkin pie cheesecake "mixer", and have plans for an elaborate caramel pecan pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving!

These guys were topped with my new favorite piping technique (super cute and completely effortless) with honey almond buttercream and almonds for garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment